registration for National Night Out 2020 is now open. Go to
Richardsonpolice.net to register or access the registration form at the following
This year’s National Night Out is being held on Tuesday October 6th, 2020 from 6pm to 8pm and will be quite different. Please read below for additional information.
Due to the COVID 19 virus situation we request that no one hold block parties this year. Be safe and practice good social distancing.
Since we are not recommending block parties or social gatherings we are recommending that each registered block celebrate NNO by:
- Each household on the street holding their own individual/family style picnic on the lawn of their residence and/or
- Decorate your yard–some of the
suggestions you may want to use are
- displaying homemade National Night Out or crime prevention posters/signs promoting support for car or home burglary prevention, or
- For a more patriotic theme break out the US/Texas flags along with your red/white/and blue ribbons
- It can also be as simple as just relaxing on your lawn and turning on your porch light as a symbol of solidarity against crime, maybe even by switching out your porch light to a blue bulb
The evening of National Night Out, a police officer will slowly
drive through the blocks that are registered to show support for our
community. The officer may stop to take an occasional picture but will be
maintaining proper social distancing precautions.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to give the Crime Prevention Unit a call at 972-744-4955.